- Hitachi Zosen complies with related laws and ordinances, such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information , and other codes.
- Hitachi Zosen sets forth rules pertaining to the appropriate handling of personal information, including personal information acquisition, usage, and supply, and enforces compliance to such among all individuals engaged in work at Hitachi Zosen.
- The collection and retention of personal information by Hitachi Zosen is subject to sound and appropriate security measures designed to prevent security breaches, unauthorized access, data falsification and data loss.
- Hitachi Zosen regularly revises and updates this Policy and associated rules and stipulations pertaining to the protection of personal information.
Matters concerning the handling of personal information acquired and retained by Hitachi Zosen
1. Appropriate acquisition of personal information
When acquiring personal information, Hitachi Zosen clearly states the usage purpose, acquires information within the necessary scope only, and acquires it appropriately. Furthermore, Hitachi Zosen uses personal information only within the scope of that purpose.
2.The usage purpose of personal information
- 1Hitachi Zosen uses the personal information it receives for the following purposes.
- To perform the content of transactions with customers and other clients, manage agreements, and provide post-agreement after service
- To introduce, sell, and solicit the products, services, etc. of Hitachi Zosen and individual companies of the Hitachi Zosen Group
- For the research, development, and market surveying regarding the products and services of Hitachi Zosen and individual companies of the Hitachi Zosen Group
- To create and issue name lists, deliver informational journals, etc., and provide information regarding meetings, events, etc.
- To implement clerical processing and information processing services pertaining to the consigned personal information
- For the exercising of rights and execution of obligations towards shareholders of Hitachi Zosen pursuant to the Companies Act and other related laws and ordinances and for shareholder management, such as generating shareholder data
- For the management and welfare benefits administration of officers, employees, and any other individuals engaged in work at Hitachi Zosen
- To supply to third parties with the prior consent of the person concerned
- To analyze the information pertaining to acquired browser histories, etc., implement promotion, advertising, and sales activities reflecting tastes and interests, and implement research, development, etc. pertaining to Hitachi Zosen products and services
- 2If Hitachi Zosen alters the usage purpose of the personal information it handles within a scope that can be reasonably recognized to be related to the above usage purpose, Hitachi Zosen shall notify the person concerned of, or publicly disclose, the altered usage purpose.
- 3If Hitachi Zosen wishes to use personal information for any purpose other than (1) or (2) above, Hitachi Zosen shall attain prior consent of the person concerned.
3. Safety control measures for personal information
In the management of personal information, Hitachi Zosen implements appropriate and reasonable safety measures as follows to prevent the unauthorized access of personal information and the danger of loss, damage, altering, leaking, etc. of personal information. Furthermore, Hitachi Zosen continuously reviews systems and measures related to personal information protection, and strives for the improvement of such.
- 1Establishing a basic policy
- 2Maintaining rules regarding the handling of personal information
- 3Organizational safety control measures
- 4Personnel related safety control measures
- 5Physical and environmental safety control measures
- 6Technological safety control measures
- 7 Assessing foreign environments
To ensure the appropriate handling of personal information, Hitachi Zosen sets forth this Policy.
Hitachi Zosen sets forth handling rules regarding the handling of personal information, including acquisition, usage, storage, supply, deletion/destruction, etc., and enforces compliance to such among all individuals engaged in work at Hitachi Zosen.
Hitachi Zosen maintains an administrator regarding the handling of personal information, clarifies the personnel engaged in the handling of personal data and the scope of personal data handled by that personnel, and maintains a system of reporting to and communicating with the administrator upon becoming aware of a violation of law or handling rules, or any indication of such.
Hitachi Zosen conducts training and education for personnel regarding points of concern pertaining to the handling of personal information.
Hitachi Zosen manages the entry and exit of personnel in areas in which personal data is handled and implements measures to prevent viewing by unauthorized individuals and measures to prevent the theft, loss, etc. of devices, electronic media, paper materials, etc. containing personal data.
Hitachi Zosen implements access control and limits staff in charge of handling personal data and the scope of the personal information databases, etc., handled by that staff. Furthermore, Hitachi Zosen incorporates a framework to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized outside access and unauthorized outside software.
When handling personal data in foreign countries, Hitachi Zosen implements safety control measures based on an understanding of that country's systems pertaining to the protection of personal information, etc.
4. Supplying personal information to third parties
Hitachi Zosen will not disclose or supply personal data that it retains to a third party without the consent of the person concerned. However, in the following cases, Hitachi Zosen may disclose or supply personal data without the consent of the person concerned.
①In cases pursuant to law
②When necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned is difficult
③When particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or promotion of the healthy development of children, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned is difficult
④When cooperation is required in the execution of legally mandated duties by a national government institution, a local government organization, or an entity commissioned by such, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned could potentiallyhinder the execution of those duties
5. Shared use of personal information
Regarding the personal data retained by Hitachi Zosen (names, genders, addresses, dates of birth, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, contact information (company names, division titles, etc.), numbers identifying the person concerned, transaction content, transaction history, etc.), Hitachi Zosen may share such data with Hitachi Zosen subsidiaries and affiliates under the management and responsibility of Hitachi Zosen to achieve the purpose in 2. (1) above. For the Hitachi Zosen address and representatives, see
6．Outsourcing personal information
When outsourcing personal information handling to a third party, Hitachi Zosen assesses aspects including the state of safety control measures of the contractor and selects contractors that can be deemed as handling personal information appropriately. Furthermore, Hitachi Zosen implements appropriate supervision of the contractor, such as signing nondisclosure agreements with the contractor.
7．Personal information disclosure, etc.
Regarding the personal information Hitachi Zosen retains, if Hitachi Zosen receives from the person concerned a request for notification regarding usage purpose, a request for the disclosure, correction, supplementing, deletion, ceasing of usage, etc. of the personal information, or a request for disclosure of records concerning supply of the information to third parties, Hitachi Zosen will, pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and within a reasonable scope, supply such without delay. Directsuch requests to the contact information in item 9 below.
Hitachi Zosen strives for appropriate and prompt handling of any claims, etc., regarding the handling of personal information. Direct claims, etc. to the contact information in item 9 below.
Direct any personal information claims or other inquires related to personal information to the contact information below.
General Affairs Department, Hitachi Zosen Corporation7-89, Nankokita 1-chome, Suminoe-ku, Osaka 559-8559
As of April 1, 2022